Know a woman, love a woman, identify as a woman? Well great because as you probably know International Women’s Day is just around the bend on Monday, March 8 (the same date every year, btw).
Celebrating, honoring, learning has never been easier and a simple online search will pull up oodles of virtual events to expand your mind and provoke questions.
Whatever your gender, this day is an opportunity to learn, here are a few ideas to get you thinking…
I signed up for an event about gender equity in and through sports, if you’d like to join me you can register here, and yep, it’s free.
Invite a woman for a virtual coffee and have a frank discussion about things that matter; asking questions to help you understand them better:
- what unique struggles they have had and how they overcame them
- ask them what balance means to them, who mentors them
- who they mentor
- what advice to they receive that meant the world to them
- what advice they would give their younger self or young people
Acknowledge a special woman in your life. Maybe it’s your mom or a mom-like person, maybe it’s a woman you don’t know that well but admire, maybe a colleague, an aunt, sister or friend, you get the idea. Let them know how they impacted you.
- supporting a woman-owned business
- starting a virtual book club
- watch Hidden Figure or a movie with strong female characters (talk about this with your kids)
Just be kind. Women make the world go round, yet sometimes we can be each other’s worst enemy and harshest critics. Support, help, serve, advise, mentor, lift, champion – be a part of the solution. We need you.
Get curious, get appreciative, get a little bit bold. #WomenRock
Cheering for you, as always, Steph👍
I hope this video will help you sleep a little bit better!💤