Every year, I choose a theme. I choose a word to wrap my year around. A word to help give me focus and clarity.
After careful consideration and lots of conversations with my favourite person, the word to focus on for this year has finally been settled on.
Our word is GROW.
There are many different associations we can put with the word grow.
By definition grow means to become larger or greater over time. Yeah, I like that.
Well, not larger as far as the scale is concerned but I would like to grow in other ways among them:
– in open mindedness
– in spiritually
– I would like to grow my knowledge base
– it would be cool if I could grow my significant relationships to new heights
– grow my circle of influence
– grow my physicality
– grow older as gracefully as possible
– grow my contributions to the world, both locally and globally
– and you know, I’ve always wanted to grow herbs – this will be the year!
Yep, for me focusing my 2016 lens through the word grow has the potential to help me create a year of increased health, happiness and contribution.
What word might help you get to where you want to go in 2016? Use mine or find your own. Maybe you would like one word for your personal life and a different one for work, or maybe it’s the same word.
Take the concept of creating a theme for your year and make it your own. If committing for a whole year freaks you out, try your word on for a month and see how you like it.
Choosing one word to help you see the new year from a new view, it’s one more way to live, Your Life, Unlimited!
On this week’s Your Life, Unlimited radio show there we were definitely not short on inspiration.
I ask my guest, Brett Devloo who was most influential to him – he replied, “The mirror.” The irony, is that Brett is blind, 100% totally and completely blind. At just 20 though, this young man is poised to take on the world. He went to school one day sighted and came home blind. His amazing story unfolds in our talk together, listen in!
Speaking of amazing stories Dr. Emily Roback says sometimes you need to change the rules. Imagine being able to hear one day and not the next? If you need a little boost, look no further that this strong woman’s story.
Enjoy the whole show here…
Stephanie Staples, CSP* is the author of When Enlightening Strikes – Creating a Mindset for Uncommon Success, an internationally acclaimed motivational speaker, and the recipient of the 2014 Manitoba Woman Entrepreneur Award for Contributions to Community. Stephanie empowers audiences & clients across North America to bring their ‘A’ game to work and to life. Stephanie has a special interest in working with and empowering nurses and healthcare providers. She happily calls Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada home. You can get loads of complimentary resources to help with issues such as work/life balance, wellness, stress management and happiness in general, as well as find out more information about her coaching and speaking services at http://www.YourLifeUnlimited.ca.
* Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), conferred by the National Speakers Association is the speaking profession’s international measure of professional platform proficiency. Less than 10 percent of speakers have earned this credential and are recognized as some of the best in their fields. Stephanie was one of only five professional speakers in Canada (and the only woman) to attain this designation in 2013.