Who talks about giving at the end of February?!
The holidays have passed, Valentine’s Day is over, what is left to give?
PLENTY in my books! In fact, some of my most favourite types of giving occurs when it’s not the ‘have to give’ kind of giving.
- You see something in the store and you just know someone you care about would absolutely love it – and you just buy it for them for no reason.
- You whip up a tasty delight in your kitchen and it turns out wonderful and you share the extra with an unexpecting benefactor.
- You see someone that needs a hand and make a spur of the moment decision to offer yours willingly.
- You read a book or an article or see a video that you know would really resonate with a colleague or friend or family member and you take time to share it with them.
- You are generous with warm words or tenderness that may land exactly when that person needed to hear them.
- You praise someone publicly, to their boss, on social media, or somewhere it can be ‘overheard’.
- You give more than feels comfortable – like a big tip or more time than you can really spare.
- You help or give before anything is asked of you.
- You do a chore that you know the other person really dislikes (I’m thinking of spring yard dog clean up time, ick!)
- You pay for the order of the car behind you at the coffee drive-through or some other anonymous good deed that no one will even know what you did.March is just around the corner and personally I think it would be cool to make this an unconventional month of giving. Just because I want to, not because I feel I have to, not because I feel pressure to, not because society makes me feel like I ‘should’.
Giving for no ‘reason’ – my favourite kind and it’s one more way to live Your Life, Unlimited.
Recently on 680 CJOB, I had a lovely chat with an inspring and talented photographer, Rodney S. Braun.
I also chatted with wonderful author and speaker, Bob Burg. Take a listen and be inspired!
Stephanie Staples, CSP* is the author of When Enlightening Strikes – Creating a Mindset for Uncommon Success, an internationally acclaimed motivational speaker, and the recipient of the 2014 Manitoba Woman Entrepreneur Award for Contributions to Community. Stephanie empowers audiences & clients across North America to bring their ‘A’ game to work and to life. Stephanie has a special interest in working with and empowering nurses and healthcare providers. She happily calls Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada home. You can get loads of complimentary resources to help with issues such as work/life balance, wellness, stress management and happiness in general, as well as find out more information about her coaching and speaking services at http://www.YourLifeUnlimited.ca.
* Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), conferred by the National Speakers Association is the speaking profession’s international measure of professional platform proficiency. Less than 10 percent of speakers have earned this credential and are recognized as some of the best in their fields. Stephanie was one of only five professional speakers in Canada (and the only woman) to attain this designation in 2013.