Ever been stressed? lol
There are of course, different types of stress, honing in on what type of stress is causing your angst can help you get over it quicker.
Physical stress is pretty easy to identify, it’s a threat to our physical body.
Mental or emotional stress is a little bit tougher – this happens when we feel threatened. It could be our values, our security, or our well-being or when our expectations aren’t realized. It could also be when we lose control and feel helpless or experience change, even positive change. Major changes in life are stressful and even minor one can cause unpleasantness.
No matter the stress you can respond in three basic ways – resist it, avoid it or confront and adapt to it.
And on the happy side, not all stress is bad. Good stress can make us feel focused, energized, motivated, challenged and aware of options.
Develop an anti- stress regime that works for you.
There is not one right plan for everyone. The best anti-stress regime is one that works for you.
In order to work for you it needs to be:
- A priority – this is mindset here
- Convenient – it has to fit into your schedule
- Time-effective – it has to be realistic in the amount of time you can commit (20 minutes of what you will do is better than an hour of excuses you will make up to not do it anyway)
- Enjoyable – choose things that bring you some pleasure, so that it doesn’t feel like a chore.
Develop an anti- stress regime that works for you, it’s one more way you can live, YLU!
This week on Your Life, Unlimited radio on CJOB, I was lucky to speak with powerhouse Paula Morand, the author of Bold Courage. If you are tired of being fearful and ready to rock listen in! I was also joined by Jockie Loomer-Kruger, Jockie who just illustrated and published her first book at age 80!
It’s never too late! Enjoy the whole show here…
Stephanie Staples, CSP* is the author of When Enlightening Strikes – Creating a Mindset for Uncommon Success, an internationally acclaimed motivational speaker, and the recipient of the 2014 Manitoba Woman Entrepreneur Award for Contributions to Community. Stephanie empowers audiences & clients across North America to bring their ‘A’ game to work and to life. Stephanie has a special interest in working with and empowering nurses and healthcare providers. She happily calls Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada home. You can get loads of complimentary resources to help with issues such as work/life balance, wellness, stress management and happiness in general, as well as find out more information about her coaching and speaking services at http://www.YourLifeUnlimited.ca.
* Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), conferred by the National Speakers Association is the speaking profession’s international measure of professional platform proficiency. Less than 10 percent of speakers have earned this credential and are recognized as some of the best in their fields. Stephanie was one of only five professional speakers in Canada (and the only woman) to attain this designation in 2013.