For a woman ‘of that age’ Karel Murray is pretty amazing. Just kidding, she is great for a woman of any age – but to get the insiders joke, you have to read her book, Conquering the Witch Within – Intergenerational Work Place Strategies that Create Real Results.
Co-authored by Torie Jochims, this book poses thoughtful questions and offers doable solutions to how we, as women, can get out of our own way and make the way easier for others instead of harder.
Some of the lines that made me think are:
- Do you really have to be that available?
- Is your desire to succeed harming your health?
- What does extreme slow motion look like?
- Are you practicing ‘reverse mentoring?’
Enjoy the whole radio show podcasted here: Your Life, Unlimited with Stephanie Staples and Karel Murray
Stephanie Staples, CSP* is the author of When Enlightening Strikes – Creating a Mindset for Uncommon Success, an internationally acclaimed motivational speaker, and the recipient of the 2014 Manitoba Woman Entrepreneur Award for Contributions to Community. Stephanie empowers audiences & clients across North America to bring their ‘A’ game to work and to life. Stephanie has a special interest in working with and empowering nurses and healthcare providers. She happily calls Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada home. You can get loads of complimentary resources to help with issues such as work/life balance, wellness, stress management and happiness in general, as well as find out more information about her coaching and speaking services at http://www.YourLifeUnlimited.ca.
* Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), conferred by the National Speakers Association is the speaking profession’s international measure of professional platform proficiency. Less than 10 percent of speakers have earned this credential and are recognized as some of the best in their fields. Stephanie was one of only five professional speakers in Canada (and the only woman) to attain this designation in 2013.