There are lots of different ways to put one foot in front of the other; a walk may sound boring but consider a few different types of walks you could go on.
Maybe matching your movement to your mood might kick things up a notch or two.
Are you feeling frustrated, angry, disappointed? Consider going for a stomp. A purposeful, powerful, fast walk that will help to ease your tension.
Are you feeling pensive, stressed, preoccupied? Maybe a stroll is in order. Slow, meandering time to notice nature and/or people watch.
Are you feeling happy, grateful, energetic? How about a going for a trek with a mission to notice something different, explore new territory and get inspired.
A walk can be a walk or you can customize it; stroll, stomp, trek, sashay, skip – however you choose to move, just choose to move!
What a great chat I had with two gentlemen who have figured out a thing or two about successful living.
A few takeaways to ponder:
- Turn negative statements in to positive questions – i.e. Change, “I can’t afford that course.” into “How can I afford that course.”
- Consider having walking meetings. You’ll get things accomplish and treat your body well.
- Your calendar doesn’t lie – are what you say your priorities are getting the time they deserve?
- Are you moving an inch in a thousand different directions, or are your focused and clear on where you want to go?
- The only way to fail at an experiment is to not do it – consider everything an experiment!
Please enjoy the whole show below to gleam more nuggets to help you life Your Life, Unlimited!
Stephanie Staples, CSP
Stephanie Staples, CSP* is the author of When Enlightening Strikes – Creating a Mindset for Uncommon Success, an internationally acclaimed motivational speaker, and the recipient of the 2014 Manitoba Woman Entrepreneur Award for Contributions to Community. Stephanie empowers audiences & clients across North America to bring their ‘A’ game to work and to life. Stephanie has a special interest in working with and empowering nurses and healthcare providers. She happily calls Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada home. You can get loads of complimentary resources to help with issues such as work/life balance, wellness, stress management and happiness in general, as well as find out more information about her coaching and speaking services at http://www.YourLifeUnlimited.ca.
* Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), conferred by the National Speakers Association is the speaking profession’s international measure of professional platform proficiency. Less than 10 percent of speakers have earned this credential and are recognized as some of the best in their fields. Stephanie was one of only five professional speakers in Canada (and the only woman) to attain this designation in 2013.