Well written and interesting from start to finish was Dr. John Izzo’s latest book,Stepping Up – How Taking Responsibility Changes Everything . Sprinkled with stories, idea and backed by solid research this book may just convince you that you want to step up for change. I was fortunate enough to not only enjoy Dr. Izzo’s book but to interview him on CJOB for our Your Life, Unlimited radio show.
You can listen to the podcast below and I have also pulled out a few highlights out of the book that I thought you might enjoy.
http://www.cjob.com/Shows/Episodes.aspx?PID=2553 – October 12, 2012
- choosing to act inspires and challenges others to act
- you are it! Do what you can in your sphere of influence
- rent the movie Waiting for Superman
- Alvaro Pascual Leone,”From a brain perspective, every time we do something we are more likely to do it again and every time we stop ourselves from doing something we are less likely to do it again.”
- ask yourself. “What can I do to make things better?”
- you don’t have to be special to do special things
- you can’t not lead
- skill, talent and resources are overrated compared with drive, determination and vision
Now get out there and change the world, people!
Stephanie Staples is the author of When Enlightening Strikes – Creating a Mindset for Uncommon Success. She helps audiences & clients across North America bring their ‘A’ game to work and to life. Stephanie has a special interest in working with and empowering nurses and healthcare providers. She happily calls Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada home. You can get loads of complimentary resources to help with issues such as work/life balance, wellness, stress management and happiness in general, as well as find out more information about her coaching and speaking services at http://www.YourLifeUnlimited.ca