Make no mistake about it, mornings matter.
I mean they reeeeaaalllly matter.
Your first few minutes of the day can set the tone for the entire day, so why not set your thoughts and actions up for a GR8 Day (that’s my licence plate number, by the way!).
By pre-loading, we can all but eliminate the nasty spiral of events that sometimes occur in the morn, i.e. ; the Monday morning dread, the stubbed toe on the bed, the dog throwing up, the kids fighting over the bathroom…
OK while we can’t control a lot of these things, we can still set ourselves up for morning success!
- set alarm for 7 minutes early – just 7, you can do that, now you will not be rushing.
- do not let the snooze alarm win – no pressing it seven times!
- take a couple of minutes to think about what you have to look forward to that day – even if its just going to work.
- set your intention to have a GR8 DAY: little things won’t bother me, the world is conspiring in my favor,
- take a couple of minutes to stretch – think about how your dog does this every morning, its yummy.
- use one minute to be grateful for all the blessings you have – the bed, the good nights sleep, your companion in life etc.
- have a good breakfast – sit down and eat and enjoy it!
Not that I usually use this BLOG to share recipes, but this is soooo delish that I have to share. It’s the perfect Sunday morning treat – yummy and easy!
German Apple Pancakes
Melt 2 TBSP butter in pie plate, sprinkle 2 TBSP brown sugar & 1/4 Tsp cinnamon in a pie plate over butter. Slice thin peeled apple and arrange nicely over brown sugar.
Combine 2 eggs, 1/2 c. milk, 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp vanilla and pour over apples.
Bake at 400 degrees for 35-30 minutes until puffy and golden.
Immediately loosen edges and turn upsidedown on plate.
Oh my gosh, with a breakfast like that, how can you not have a GR8 DAY?
I have to go now and make one! Mmmmmmmmmmm.